Pages

Friday, 28 November 2014

29 Cards To Go!


So when I decided to make homemade cards for everybody this year I didn't realise how many I'd need, I made my list today and yes I've checked it twice ;) But I need 64 cards to achieve my goal, that's easy I thought, surely I have enough now? I counted the cards made and nope I only have 35 that I can send, so I have 29 more to make!!!

So I've been making cards this afternoon, the above two cards have homemade toppers printed out on my PC one is a Bebunni design the other is Party Paws Christmas. Both are laid on embossed cards and finished with different elements from my craft stash. The edging strip on the Bebunni card is scrap from a Hunkdory topper, but as it was a knitted effect I thought it went well with this card.


These two quick makes use different embossing folders, the 'Happy Christmas' card using a Kanban topper from Foilplay and some snowflake diecuts and gems. The 'Merry  & Bright' card uses another topper printed out on my PC on a shiny metallic blue die-cut shape as a background. I really do think that embossing the card really adds to my designs and I love the way you can pick elements of the embossed design out like with the snowflakes.



I'm also busy die-cutting and embossing the pieces to make 25 gift bags for putting homemade sweets in as gifts for the family. I've made matching tags and co-ordinated cards from some free Hunkydory toppers that came with November 2014's issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine. Each bag takes 2 sheets of A4 card stock, I'm using the Xcut "Gift Bag Die Set" and Crafter's Companion "Vintage Music" A4 embossing folder from the Vintage Christmas Collection to decorate the bags. Hopefully all bags will be ready to assemble by the time I need them at Christmas and the cards will be finished so I can get them in the post by the middle of next week. Next year I'll start earlier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x