Pages

Monday, 16 March 2015

Letraset Promarkers Attempt No. 1

I was rather lucky last week and won myself a set of 18 Letraset Promarker pens by liking and sharing the "Winning Wednesday" link over at Papercraft Magazine's Facebook page. I won the prize on Wednesday and by Friday they arrived :) Happy me! A couple of days before that my latest subscription issue of Papercraft Essentials arrived Issue 118 and it had a free paper stack and some adorable Riverbank Revels stamps designed by Helz Cuppleditch for Trimcraft, the stamps were begging to be turned into an Easter card, but I did my usual panic about colouring in!


Once the pens arrived I didn't have an excuse as I needed to put them to good use, I was really delighted to win as I generally don't have much luck when it comes to prizes. The Letraset pens I won are 6 pink shades, 6 purple shades and 6 yellow shades, so to complete my design I used some of my spectrum noir markers for the blues and greens. I'm so impressed with the promarkers though that I've ordered a set with other colours like orange, red, blues and greens, I love the way they evenly colour and it an extent prefer them to the Spectrum Noir markers.

The coloured image on the card is the first time I've coloured a stamped image with alcohol. markers, its all new to me so the nuances of shading and detail are not all there, but its a learning curve. I was happy enough with the end result to actually use it to make a card, part of my success is due to the fact that I'm no using card stock that is designed to work with alcohol markers, and Memento ink which when dry doesn't smudge, so it keeps a crisp clear outline.


My other project this weekend is a cute bear birthday card, the topper comes from a Kanban 'Birthday Gifts' design that I got from Gill at Foilplay, I used an Xcut Filigree Circle embossing folder to create the raised edge and then used a Tim Holtz Distress Ink in 'Shaded Lilac' on the embossed area it went quite dark which is how I wanted it, the rest of the card I rubbed the distress ink over fairly unevenly in the attempt of creating a sky effect it worked! The only other items were a ribbon rose from my craft stash and a piece of ribbon on the edge and a final stamped sentiment from free Bebunni set of stamps I got a few months back.

This card making lark is very addictive, so many techniques to try and so many ideas, I have a feeling I'll be busy for quite some time, its March now and already my head is having ideas for making Christmas cards, this year they'll be more sparkly and embossed with some perfect pearl elements thrown in for good measure!

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card and well done winning the pro markers. Your gallery is lovely. I am a blog hopper so will drop by from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the Promarkers, I love how you've coloured this image. You have some great projects on your blog, so I will make sure I drop in occasionally. As well as being a sparklies addict I am also a Promarker addict and use them on all my images. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad its not just me that's addicted to sparklies :) Thanks for your lovely comments Lainie and Kathryn :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x