Pages

Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Antique Elegance Cameo Card


I got the folder used in the card above free with issue 146 of Cardmaking & Papercraft, I loved the design so much. I even recycled the packing the freebie came in, the turquoise blue card is  the backing card which I embossed, then lightly went over the raised design with Black Soot Distress Ink, once that had dried I used Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Wax in shade Golden Light.

The embossing folder also came with a border embossing folder and a cameo stamp, I used more of the packaging card and made the centre strip using the border and the same distressing technique as the main panel.

I cut an oval in black card with a Tonic Studios die and using clear embossing ink, stamped the cameo image in metallic gold embossing powder. I cut a fluted oval in gold card and glued the two pieces together to make the cameo topper. The main panel was matted on to the same black card and stuck to a 5" x 7" white card blank.

The sentiment was stamped in the same metallic gold powder and the gold corners were die cut using the smaller dies in the Die'sire Decorative Corner 1 Die Set, the effect finished the card off nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x