Pages

Thursday, 30 July 2015

Flights of Fantasy CD-Rom

My wonderful hubby treated me to the new 'Flights of Fantasy' CD Rom from Crafters Companion last month, I fell in love with the images when I saw them on the CC blog and made the need it face and my man got it :) I think he's happy to do things like that because of how much card making has helped me the past 8 months, my stress and anxiety are all but gone, and if I do get a bad bout of the colly wobbles as we've christened them, a few hours crafting and I'm a lot less stressed.

I've already printed off lots of fairies, nymphs and dragons to turn into cards. I love fantasy images, I think its because science fiction and fantasy is one of my favourite genres. As well as the two cards above, I've created a mermaid card. The background is another hand dyed panel using distress inks, the bottom chevron effect added to make pseudo waves was done by just spraying a chevron stamp with water and pressing on to the dried ink panel.

The water removed the ink leaving the wave like image behind. The 'seaweed' pieces are die cut from another piece of hand dyed paper using a fern die cut from the X-Cut A5 Leaves die set. The mermaid topper was attached to a fluted oval cut from metallic blue foil card. A few 'water drops' were added with aqua blue gem stones and the seaweed was given a dusting of crystal glamour dust.

The other card was made for a challenge over on the Docrafts website, the challenge was the Enchanted Challenge and the idea was to create a card with an enchanted image that conjured up 'Summer'. My creation I called 'Summer Sky Dreamer'. I love the way this one turned out, I used one of the Wild Rose Studio dies for the corner image decoration that I got free when I subscribed to Papercraft Inspirations magazine. The sentiment was free with Quick Cards issue 142 and just seemed to finish off the card perfectly. The crochet lace on the edge of the card was coloured with a promarker pen, I've seen youtube videos showing people colouring ribbons, lace and gems with promarkers, and as I had no blue lace or ribbon that suited the project I created my own using a piece of crochet lace I got free with the Docrafts Creativity magazine a few months ago. So many more images to play with in the future and new techniques to experiment with as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x