Pages

Sunday, 16 August 2015

Crafting & Relaxing in France


More cards made during the evening and afternoons when its been very hot, the highest temperature we've had so far is 38.6C phew! I brought the Cupcake Boutique and Riverbank Revels with me, buying them from Every Crafts a Pound just before I went away, absolute bargains the 8" x 8" decoupage pads were just £1 as were the 6" x 6" matching paper pads.

They've made some very pretty cards and each decoupage pad contains 3 sheets each of 8 different designs so you can make 24 pretty cards for £1, granted there are other costs like glue, double sided tape and all the trimmings but you still get to make 24 cards for less than £5.00 I reckon. I brought some ready stamped and cut out sentiments with me and I also brought some ink pads and sentiment stamps.

I've picked up even more lovely crafting goodies, including a musical notes stamp that will be perfect for some distress ink ideas I have, I found some tassels in jewel colours for some bookmarks I'm going to make for my book loving friends for Christmas and another embossing folder and a mask for the texture paste projects I want to try when I get home.

I also picked up a couple of Gorjuss topper kits for 90p each, and some more glitter tape in jewel colours, some of which were used on the Riverbank Revels cards above. I discovered some metallic pigment inks in green shades which will be perfect for a verdigris idea I want to try, but iZinks aside the find I'm most excited about is the tubs of Crème de Patine, a beeswax based creamy wax paint that can be used on all porous surfaces.


It works a lot like gilding wax, but its more opaque, I picked up 2 colours but discovered that it can be bought as Inka Gold in the UK from a variety of suppliers, so I've ordered a kit of 9 different colours which should arrive and be ready to play with when I get back home and I can't wait :) I already have lots of ideas for things I want to make with it and techniques to try to make Christmas cards and some ideas for making some MDF boxes.

I've also managed to get all but 1 of the iZink pigment inks, the avocado shade eludes me, everywhere we've been its been out of stock, so I gave in this morning and ordered it online, it should arrive not long after I get home. I've also picked up about 6 of the glossy non-pearlised colours so when I get home I can have fun playing with these inks creating lots of new projects and using them on a variety of mediums. I can see that these, like the inka gold paints are going to make some lovely effects for winter cards.

This holiday has been a lot about relaxing and just chilling, in the past when we visit France we spend most of the holiday off visiting places, so much so we need another holiday to get over the one we had. This time we're doing very little, the cottage has a large garden with woodpeckers, red squirrels and lots of flowers and trees and a variety of other wildlife, it's lovely to just sit in the sun and read and chill with my wonderful hubby,bliss :)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards. I will have to have a look at the inka inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there ... thank you so much for visiting my blog and boy am I glad I popped in to see you too ... just love your little set of cards ... especially love the blue thank you card with the tea cups and rolling pin ... oh have really enjoyed watching your video with the inka gold ... believe it or not I have just bought two of them I have the pink and the silver and had completely forgotten what the lady demonstrating was showing us ... so I was very happy to see your video ... hope you had a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it sounds like you are having a lovely time and you have been very busy making gorgeous cards.Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous selection of cards, they all look very pretty and can't believe how little you paid for the pack x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry i'm a bit late commenting but i was working until 10-30pm last night...a gorgeous selection of cards and lovely images.. great video i, love those inks

    Lorna x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x