Pages

Sunday, 16 August 2015

Experiments in Colour


This week I've been playing around with distress inks to create backgrounds, although some end results don't have full projects laying claims to them yet, they are sparking ideas, like the above image. I took an A4 piece of watercolour paper and used shades of red, yellow and orange distress inks to create a piece of paper that I then cut up and stamped with different images, including the new autumn animals set I got whilst on holiday. Both of the larger pieces have firm ideas, although I'm not happy with the stamped sentiment and will work to disguise it when I'm back home and have access to all my stash. The 'stars' on the centre card were created with dots of gold iZink which I ran a needle point through to form the star points.


My next project involved using 3 colours of distress ink, Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry all blended together, then I misted the paper with homemade pearlised water and left it to dry, this gave the paper a shimmery effect. Next I used one of my new Toga embossing folders I bought in France, the design is called 'Arabesque' and is a really pretty design, I can see me using this to make lots of backgrounds for fairy cards and also for Christmas card backgrounds over the next few months.


After I'd finished embossing I used some of the new violet coloured Crème de Patine paint, which is an absolutely wonderful creamy texture, I applied it with my finger tip, albeit not very expertly, it'll take some practice I think. I am pleased with the results though, I buffed it off with a soft cloth and the result was the paper winds up looking almost metallic in places. Can't wait for the rest of the colours to arrive when I get home, my mind is over flowing with ideas and ways to use them already.

Tomorrow we're going to visit Agincourt and Château de Pierrefonds the place they filmed the BBC series Merlin, I think that will inspire some creative ideas, its apparently the 600th anniversary of the battle of Agincourt this year, so it would be silly not to visit when you're a stones throw away from the location.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debs, thank you for your kind comment you have left me.
    Beautiful inky backgrounds you have created, your top stamped silhouette`s look brilliant.
    Looks like you are having a great crafty holiday..
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you done with all the back grounds here Debs....Great images you used.....Looks like you are having a lovely holiday too....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x