Pages

Monday, 24 August 2015

Follow Your Dreams, Wherever They May Take You!


I'm back from my holidays and full of ideas for using all the goodies I was lucky enough to acquire whilst away. Before I left I created several distress ink backgrounds that were then inked and embossed with the Toga folders I picked up from Cultura. Once dry both A5 pieces were smooshed with Crème de Patine paints which gave them a slight metallic edge, the orangey piece with gold, and the purpley blue one with violet.

I posted a photo of the purple piece before, but the photo was taken at night and didn't do the colours much justice, so I took it out into the garden to take a better photo. When I got back home the Inka Gold set of paints I bought from Crafts U Print had arrived, so now I have lots more shades to play with including steel blue, silver, orange and copper :) Inka Gold paints are made by the same company as the French Crème de Patine paints, Inka Gold paints are describe as being "fast drying metal gloss paint" and indeed that's what they are.  I also now have a full set of the iZink pigment inks, so this weekend 'll be playing with them to create new backgrounds for cards.


The card above was the last card I made on my hols this year, I liked the orange background piece so much that I decided to use it as a background to another distress inked piece I'd inked whilst on holiday to make a sunset kind of photo. It's a message to myself, for a while now I've dreamed of visiting the South of France but we've always stayed in the Normandy region, we're back there next year and the year after, but we've laid plans to finally visit the South of France in 2018! Before then I have my stepson's wedding to look forward to and we've decided we'll be moving house within the next 5 years, getting away from noisy neighbours is another dream, time to make it happen and start following my dreams and living them.

My topper was backed on to black card stock and the edges rounded with a 5mm corner punch I picked up in France, I've used that punch a fair bit since I got it, much preferring the rounded corners it creates to stiff pointed corners you get just cutting a square or rectangle. I've just sent for a 10mm one and seen some fancy ones with patterns built in and punches that punch 4 different designs depending how you place them. I'm learning all the time and acquiring craft stuff as I go, talking to other crafter's it seems to be an occupational hazard ;)

There was a mountain of post when I got back, but unusually this time it wasn't bills and junk, instead there was 4 craft magazines waiting for me that I subscribe to, plus I'd been lucky to win a card design challenge set by a crafting buddy over on the Docrafts website and there was a little package waiting for me on my return full of gorgeous goodies, ribbons, beads, die cut shapes, charms, buttons and a pretty die cut that I can't wait to play with, thanks Mary :) I also received some wedding toppers from a giveaway run by another lady over on the Docrafts forum, so I've been very lucky :) With the freebies from the magazines, new craft stash and ideas galore from the mags and inspiration from nature I'm going to be very busy crafting over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x