Pages

Sunday, 9 August 2015

French Crafty Bargains

A short post today from sunny France, day 3 of my holidays and I've managed to find some crafty bargains :) As its Sunday and we were a bit tired from travelling we decided to just visit a local garden centre after lunch as not much is open in France on a sunday, whilst there I managed to find bargain a Tsukineko Essentials Glue Pad for 4.75 euros which at the current exchange rate is approx £3.36, its RRP was 9.50 euros.

I also picked up large bags of flower and heart gems for adding to cards, some A4 sheets of adhesive glitter foam in some bright jewel colours, perfect for xmas card projects. I picked up some narrow orange ribbon and some white so that I can colour that myself whilst away, because yes I managed to pack a "little" card making stuff ;)

There was some adhesive glitter tape, some metallic gold pigment ink, and I finally found some Frost White Color Box pigment ink YAY! Will be playing with that over the next few days. By far the best find though was the stamp set, little owls, foxes and other autumny lovelies, I already have two card ideas using these stamps, just need to create some backgrounds with my distress inks.

In the garden of the  cottage we're staying at, not far from the door a stunning red squirrel is feasting on hazelnuts, trying to get a photo, but the little chap is camera shy, hoping to get a a photo of him though and if I do I'll post it. In the next few days I'm going to be visiting a dedicated art and craft shop, think Hobbycraft but allegedly lots better and another shop that's more like W H Smith's but they do have some lovely craft stuff, will post about them after we've visited. of now to watch the squirrel eat his nuts :)

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant goodies you found.....Have fun playing....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic bargains and something to look forward to when you get home. Have a fabulous holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you had a good crafty find ... hope you are having a fab holiday ... thank you for visiting my blog and so sorry I am a bit late hopping about ...happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x