Pages

Saturday, 1 August 2015

Little Mermaid Card

Another card made for an Enchanted Challenge on the Docrafts site, well if I'm honest it wasn't made specifically for the challenge, I started creating it the night before and it was a happy coincidence when the challenge was announced to include a fantasy character. A mermaid fits the bill!

I inked up a piece of water colour paper with 3 bands of distress ink, the lower band in Peacock Feathers, middle band Salty Ocean and the top band was Tumbled Glass, blending each colour into the next layer. Once I'd filled the paper I misted with water and allowed the  colours to 'run' in to each other. Then I misted again with a homemade pearlescent spray I made using water and some perfect pearl pigment powder to give a lovely shimmer sheen to the background. Sadly this main image doesn't show the effect up very well, but the one below does...


The image was stamped using the mermaid from the Hunkydory 'Lets Pretend' stamp set and coloured - hair and body - with Promarker's and the 'scales' were coloured using Papermania Metallic Pens. The seahorse, shell, starfish and seaweed are all from the same stamp collection as is the sentiment in the first image. I cut the background just less than a 6" x 6" card blank, added a little Chipped Sapphire distress ink to the edge and then stuck everything down. I'm not the worlds best colourer, but I'm learning. I also cheated a little, the images were stamped on to white Neenah Classic cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, when everything was coloured in and I fussy cut the images out there was a white edge to the images, so I found a promarker as close to the background as I could and coloured all the white bits pale blue and they blending into the background more ;)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card....just right for the challenge....love the sweet image and the pretty colours...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. lovely mermaid and glittery background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ... love your little mermaid card ... my granddaughter loves mermaids so I will show her you lovely little card ... just hopping over from the do-crafts blog hop ... hope you are having a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card and especially how you made the background. It's perfect as a water effect and that little mermaid is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love the background. Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x