Pages

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Smile and Bee Happy Card


So yesterday I posted a photo of me working on the start of the background for this card and today here is the finished card. The lower silhouette stamp I've used before but the larger wild flower stamp and the bees I got yesterday. The photo doesn't show the shimmer on the background to very good effect, but trust me it shimmers beautifully :) Really pleased with the way this one turned out, now to work on some of other ideas I have for the other backgrounds I created yesterday


We visited Cultura today, its a cross between W H Smith and Hobbycraft in the UK but carrying French craft ranges like Aladine, Artemio, and Toga, the latter of which seems to be similar to Docrafts in brands and products but with a French twist, the Toga brand of embossing folders are also a little bigger than we get in the UK, Toga folders are just over 5.5 inches by 7.87 inches. Toga also do a die cutting machine and some fabby dies, I picked up the large feather set that I wanted last year.

More cling stamps were purchased, this one has a large Eiffel tower on, perfect for several projects I've been wanting to do but hadn't found a Eiffel stamp big enough. I also got some autumn and winter themed papers, again by Toga which I'm looking forward to using over the next few weeks. Cultura also sell a lot of in-house products and I picked up ribbons, clock faces and embellishments, and a 12 x 12cm stamping block all with 50% off.

I also found more of the iZink pigment inks and after doing lots of youtube watching and googling I've discovered that they can be used on wood, paper, chipboard, metal, glass, plastic, leather, fabric and if you 'cure' the design in a slow oven you can use the inks on ceramic plates, mugs etc. They are permanent inks, which dry very quickly, which means you can layer them on top of each other and they won't bleed. You can also add water to them like distress inks, and add them to misting bottles, if you use alcohol instead of water you get a much finer mist and softer effect, the bonus is almost all of the colours are pearlised so you get a soft shimmery effect.

I've seen the iZink inks now for 3.95 and 4.95 euros, they come in 15ml bottles and last a long time as a little goes a long way. The inks are made in France by the Aladine company, who also make the Color Box ink brand and here I managed to finally get a full size Frost White pigment ink, happy bunny. still have a few colours I want to get and I'm sure I'll find them before I go home, I have 10 more days here :) The box at the back was an absolute bargain it contains gold, silver and red iZinks plus a misting bottle and was just 5.09 euros for the lot :) Looking forward to getting creative with these inks tomorrow, I now have 7 of the pearlescent inks, I have 5 more to get and I want the caviar black as well, I also have 4 of the glossy non-pearlescent colours.

My hubby Simon, got some calligraphy pens and inks also from Cultura, he's busy in the garden practising writing letters and colouring with inks. Back in April he painted a honesty flower spray for me that is now framed and on the wall of my office come craft room. I've asked him to paint some smaller images that I can turn in to cards, I love doing projects where we can both contribute :) I'm back to card making now, I want to try out the new feather dies I bought this afternoon....

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is a stunning card. I love all the crafty bits you have been able to buy. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x