Pages

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Wild Rose Studio Snowflake Corner Die


I know its a little early for Xmas for some people, but as I've promised to make 100 cards for Cats Protection to sell at their Xmas Fair and I have 50 cards for friends and family to make, I thought I'd get a jiggle on!

It's true that all of these are variations on a theme but I think the die is very effective done this way? The die is from Wild Rose Studios Christmas 2014 collection and is called Snowflake Corner. For such a pretty effect that looks like more work went in to the card than actually did, all you need to do is die cut 4 pieces, I used holographic card because it added extra sparkle but you can use any card you desire.


I first added a backing paper, the majority of them are from the 2014 Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" pad which is still available from Crafters Companion, it was attached to the card with double sided sticky tape. I then put the topper in the centre of the card. The toppers are an assortment from Kanban and Hunkydory that I already had in my stash from last year.

Using Tattered Lace Detail Glue I placed the die cut corners along the edge of the card, they overlap slightly so you have to make a little trim but if you do it right when you glue it down you can hardly notice the join. I then added some adhesive gems to the centre of each of the large snowflakes and finally added a sentiment and viola, a nice card done in under 20 minutes and that includes die cutting. Decoupage cards take longer but on the whole these are nice and quick and will soon have me amassing a decent collection of cards for my local Cats Protection.

Wild Rose Studio have recently released the 2015 dies, one of them is very similar to the snowflake corner, it'll make another terrific edge to cards and be slightly different, so the Snow Corner is now on my wish list. I now have a few Wild Rose Studio dies, they cut beautifully and have such lovely detail, looking forward to amassing more of them and some of their stamps and papers to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x