Pages

Wednesday, 16 September 2015

ATC Panel Play


I realise that people who have been creating ATC's for a while will have most likely used these Tim Holtz 'Components' Stamps before, so my excitement at using them is old hat, but I've only just found them. I purchased them on Saturday online from Craft Stash and my order arrived this morning, I was working though so I didn't get chance to play with them until tonight. All of the panels I created tonight are WIP's and still need work, but in my head I already know how they'll look when they're finished, subject to change ;)

I experimented with three different approaches, the 'Birdsong' image had the paper first coloured with Spiced Marmalade and Dusty Concord distress inks, and was then sprayed with the purple metallic misting spray I posted about yesterday, once dry I stamped the image with Onyx Black VersaFine ink. The 'Time' image I used a different approach, I first stamped the image with Black Soot distress ink, then applied Cosmic Shimmer Black Detail Embossing Powder and used my heat gun. Once embossed and the paper had cooled I applied distress ink in Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade. Finely I sprayed the panel with the gold metallic misting spray I made, both panels have a fantastic shimmer which the photo isn't showing very well sadly.


The 'Flutter' panel I stamped the image with clear embossing ink and applied clear embossing powder to the image, after embossing and once dry I applied Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks, once I had the colour blend I wanted, I wiped off the ink on the embossed image and then sprayed with my white shimmer mist. All three panels were stamped on to white 200gsm cardstock, there are so many possibilities and combinations that I think I'll be busy for a while, there are also a lot more of the Components stamps to collect as well to add to my ever expanding craft stash ;)


Tonight I also played with my Spectrum Noir Pens and added a bit of colour to the freebie embossing folder that came with issue 148 of Cardmaking & Papercraft, I embossed a piece of silver foiled card and then coloured in the embossed area, its not perfect, that's because I coloured with my normal glasses on because I was watching TV at the same same. If I'd used my reading/close up glasses I'd have been a little more accurate, still it was just an experiment to see what it would look like and it worked, I think. Will be trying it out using other colours of foiled card and other pens. So in essence, I spent a few hours tonight playing with things and I have no finished project to show, I do have lots of ideas though and 4 pieces to work on over the next few days :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, love your colouring of the embossing.
    I will try and remember to let you know next time I go to Mercia Marina :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ATC cards....great colours and image....like the way you coloured over the embossing folder too...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x