Pages

Saturday, 5 September 2015

Oriental Birdcage Card


I'm chuffed with the way this card came out, although I did mess up matting the sentiment a little, but that's what makes our cards individual lol! The backing paper, topper image and sentiment are printed off from the free CD that came with Crafters Inspiration Magazine Issue 7 and the are from the Kimono range, which I confess I'm developing a soft spot for. The blue hue panel between the backing paper and the topper is my own creation and is one of the two oriental inspired panels I created last weekend.


The first purple hued panel was inked using a selection of iZink pigment inks which I've mentioned a few times previously on my blog, I fell in love with them when I picked them up in France in August. The iZink's dry with a metallic sheen, I added to the shine by using a little Cosmic Shimmer Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax. I have plans for this panel for another project that I'll be working on soon, the finished panels looks almost like metal when viewed close up, the photos leave the images looked a little washed out and flat sadly.

The blue hued panel I used on the Oriental Birdcage card used Distress Inks I used Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Blue Sketch and underneath the blue sketch I used a little Picked Raspberry to add a tiny hint of pink. Once I'd applied the ink I used my usual technique of misting with water and drying then misting again with a pearl mist the one on this project I made myself with a couple of mica powders in water in a misting bottle. Once that was dry I embossed the panel with my Oriental Birdcage Embossing Folder, the final stage was to use an inking tool which I'd inked up with more Blue Sketch ink and lightly rubbed over the embossed image, which darkened the raised areas and made them stand out more. I had the card I ended up making in my mind when I started inking this piece so I was very pleased that it came together so well.


Close up of the two panels hopefully showing the detail a little better, both panels were done on 200gsm white card, nothing fancy, the iZink's dry very quickly but I have noticed when using the card distress inks that have been misted with water take a while to dry, you can use a heat gun to speed things up but I like to let them dry naturally.  Today I've also been making cards from the new Gorjuss Tweed goodie bag that hubby treated me to yesterday, will post some photos when I've made a few more, although I do want to make a few inky backgrounds for Gorjuss cards as well, I can't help it, I'm addicted lol!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card....love the image and the beautiful colours....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow super card... I just love oriental cards ... and love how you have done the backing paper ... well done ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card, the colours are so nice, do like the embossed pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debs, beautiful oriental card.. love your backgrounds using embossing folders and pretty topper.
    Hug Pam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x