Pages

Thursday, 1 October 2015

New Tim Holtz Stash

Back in a post in mid September I mentioned that I was trying to find a stamp set by Stampers Anonymous called 'The Chemist'. I searched everywhere and could only find it for silly prices around £24.99 or more in the UK. Then on Tuesday the lovely people at Craft Stash sent me an email saying they were having a one day only flash sale of Stampers Anonymous Stamps. This sale included 170 Tim Holtz designs! So obviously I went off to have a look, and you could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw they had "The Chemist" stamp set for £13.99 with another 30% off the price due to the sale making the set just £9.75! Whoooo hoooooo!

I took advantage of the sale and also picked up the new Botanical Sketch Stamp Set which I used to make this rainbow thank you card. I used white embossing powder on white card stock and then used a rainbow of distress ink colours Red (Festive Berries), Orange (Spiced Marmalade), Yellow (Squeezed Lemonade), Green (Twisted Citron), Blue (Mermaid Lagoon), Indigo (Chipped Sapphire) and Violet (Wilted Violet). Once I'd added the colour I spritzed with water to blend. The sentiment panel was a die cut circle treated with the orange, yellow and green colours and then I used white embossing powder for the sentiment. The ribbon I got in France and the purple gems were in my stash. The butterfly is from my 'Maybe Someday' and was made a while back when I started experimenting with Perfect Pearl powders.

I also got the 4 stamp "Holiday Collection" set, perfect for toppers and Xmas ATC's, I wanted to get the free p&p you get from Craft Stash if you spend £30, so I also picked up the new Distress Ink colour for September 'Wilted Violet' which I've wanted to add to my ever expanding ink collection since it first came out at the beginning of last month, and I got to use it in the above card.


I loved doing the rainbow effect on the first card so much that I did it again using black embossing powder. I also played with a new stamp I picked up at a local garden centre that has a craft section, its by Creative Expressions and is called 'Herbal Collage' apt for me :) This design I smooshed distress ink on to different sections, spritzed with water and let it dry naturally. I can see this one getting a lot of use, like the botanical sketch stamp.

I also made purchases from Cutting Edge Crafts this month, from them I got a pack of alcohol ink applicator felts, some silver metallic mixative, alcohol blending solution and a bottle of sunshine yellow alcohol ink. The rest of this months craft stash goodies came from my very first order from The Craft Barn, and took the form of two metallic Distress Stains (Brushed Pewter and Tarnished Brass), and the rest of my new alcohol ink colours and the copper coloured mixative.

I did order a stamp from the Craft Barn as well but it was out of stock. I was pleased to note that they sent me an email to say sorry it was out of stock, but they would send it as soon as it came back in stock and in the meantime send the rest of my order, which meant I didn't have to wait for the majority of my crafting goodies to arrive. The invoice had a little handwritten 'happy crafting' note on as well which was a very nice touch. I'll definitely be buying from them again.

I'm not being disloyal shopping around, like many crafters I want to get the most for my money, so I prefer to shop where I can get free p&p or discounts. There's also the fact that so far on my crafting path, I haven't encountered a place where I can get everything I need all in the one place!  Suffice to say with all these new goodies, I'm looking forward to some serious crafting time this weekend, frst I have to decide will I be stamping and colouring with my new set of chemist stamps, or will I be playing with alcohol inks? Bring on the weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. What a bargain! And stunning cards - can't wait to see what else you make with them! Alizabethy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards, I love the colours you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I love your new stash and what you have created. I have just become a follower. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. great projects, I never could get away with rubber stamping, but always impressed by those crafters who can be so creative with them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x