Pages

Thursday, 31 December 2015

Dancing for Pleasure


I'm so behind sending out my PIF Swap ATC's that I feel terrible about it, today I put both of them in the post to the recipients and I hope they like what they receive. Late in November I created an ATC for December and as you'll see below I managed to lose both that and the one I did for November, there has been decorating chaos, moving my craft room around and the usual shuffle of household items and furniture to fit the christmas tree in. They will turn up again no doubt, but if I'm honest I prefer today's creations instead :)

The photo above is for the December PIF and the word was 'Pleasure', I decided to go with the theme of 'Dancing for Pleasure' and dug around to see what I could find. I made the musical note back panel a while ago when I started experimenting with alcohol inks, the background stamp was another French find in the Summer and I used copper embossing powder to compliment the colours in the inked paper. The piece I cut this from was just sat in my 'maybe someday' box, today was its day lol!

The card was a special coated glossy card for alcohol inks, so it has a lovely smooth and shiny finish, I created the wording using the No. 3 Dovecraft Wooden Alphabet Stamp set which I simply stamped as close together as I could with some Tuxedo Black Memento ink,  then I used my ink dusters to create bands of Lady Bug, Tangelo and Dandelion inks and edged the cut to size piece by running it along the Lady Bug ink pad. I added the dancing fairy MDF shape with acrylic glue and when dry I 'painted' it using a Wink of Stella brush pen in Gold. Two orange adhesive gems at the top and bottom of the wording completed the ATC.


The above photo is my November PIF Swap, the word for the swap was 'Beautiful' and I chose the sentiment 'Beautiful Moments' and tried to capture a wintry sunset/rise, the photo doesn't show the holographic 'sparkle' on the trees that makes it look like a frosty morning or evening but it is a pretty effect. Like December I did another design for November but in the chaos that has been the past few months, I can't find them anywhere, so today I sat down and put my thinking cap on and came up with two new ideas.

I used my newly acquired ink dusters and Dandelion, Rose Bud and Danube Blue Memento Inks, the trees stamp was free with the Winter Crafters Companion magazine and the sentiment embossed in gold is from the Santoro Willow Sentiment Clear Stamp Set. I over stamped the trees when dry with clear embossing ink and sprinkled Papermania Holographic embossing powder over them. The final touch was an orangey gem from my stash to represent the sun.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x