Pages

Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Life is Not About Waiting For The Storm...


WOW! It's been over 2 months since I last blogged, life got in the way of blogging sadly, although I did do some card making, albeit not as much as I would have liked and I never made my christmas card target, I just about managed to make enough cards to send to friends and family, next year I'll do better, this I know because I've already made a start on cards for 2016 lol!

I was very lucky and very spoiled this year, for Xmas I was given lots of crafting goodies including sets of Presscut square and round nesting die sets, an inkylicious ink dusting kit, a set of 12 Brusho Crystal Inks, a set of 12 gelatos, various Tim Holtz dies, stamps and carry case and lots more besides, I did very well and was absolutely blown away at the bounty.


So for the past few days I've been playing with my new goodies and over the next week I'll share what I've been making, the photos in this post are my first efforts at playing with my Brusho Crystals, the "Wishes are the magic..." panel in the photo above was my very first play with brusho's, hard to believe that a little water and a sprinkle of the crystals could create such a colourful effect. I embossed the sentiment first using white detail embossing powder from the Cosmic Shimmer range, then applied the crystals in Purple, Emerald Green and Turquoise and spritzed with water. I trimmed and edged the panel with double sided tape to which I applied some Lilac Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter, the panel was stuck to a 5" x 7" card base that I embossed with a TOGA embossing folder I picked up in France in the Summer,  I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to colour the card before spritzing with my homemade silver shimmer mist.


My second panel was created with Scarlet, Orange and Yellow Brusho Crystal powders, again I resist embossed using a Tim Holtz stamp from the Good Thoughts set, the edge of the panel was highlighted with the new Distress Ink for December 2015 Candied Apple, my new favourite shade of red. I picked out the heart using Red Berry Sparkle Pen. I used the same glitter edge technique as I did on the card above this time I used Ruby Red Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter and stuck the panel on at an angle, more to try to correct the fact that I'd stamped the sentiment wonky! The black heart adhesive strip feels like velvet as was a gift from my nephews and niece for Xmas, they gave me a few other crafting bits items including the dancing fairies in the card in the main image.

The main image cards were my second attempt at using the Brusho Crystals, the sentiment is from the same Tim Holtz Good Thoughts stamp set, the blue design used Leaf Green, Emerald Green, Lemon, Turquoise and Ultramarine crystals. I embossed he sentiment with Black Detail Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder, the panel was then trimmed and matted with a sapphire blue glitter paper and the mdf fairy  was glued in place and the wings were coloured using an Aquamarine Sparkle Pen.

The orange and purple card was made using Orange, Scarlet, Purple and Lemon Brusho Crystals, the sentiment was added again with Black Detail embossing powder and matted on to a piece of Purple Centura Pearl card, once the fairy was attached I coloured the wings with a Silver Wink of Stella brush pen. I'm loving the vibrant colours that the Brusho Crystals create, next I want to try stamping images and using the crystals to colour the stamped images. I also want to experiment with embossing pastes and wax to create resist and relief designs. I think 2016 is going to be the year I begin to experiment more with mixed media projects. Big, bold and beautiful colour combinations are on the horizon :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi your cards are stunning. Well done on starting your Christmas cards so soon. Happy New Year. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x