Pages

Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Boom Bots Birthday

When I first saw these cute Paper Smooches Boom Bots stamps and dies, I just knew that they would make the perfect card for my hubby Simon for his birthday, he just happens to be robot mad! The problem was the dies were available but the stamps weren't, so I bought the dies whilst I could and added the stamps to a let me know when they're in stock alert in my Seven Hills Crafts list of things to acquire.  With the card needing to be done by the 13th April I was beginning to worry that the stamps wouldn't be available and I started to look for an alternative idea for hubby's card, but my initial idea wouldn't go away! So I was thrilled when I got an email from Seven Hills on the 3rd April to tell me the stamps were in stock, I ordered them and they arrived within days.

The initial idea I had for the card was to cut out the little robots and attach them to a metallic effect piece I created, but as I started to play I realised that they needed something softer to sit on. I stamped the images in Jet Black Staz-On ink then die cut them out. After die-cutting I coloured the robots in using my Inktense pencils and a water brush, I tried to add some shading but I'm learning how to, but I think I'm getting there :) Once the painted images were dry I went over them with a clear Spectrum Sparkle pen to give them a glittery metallic shimmer, you can see that better in the photo below.

I embossed a piece of black card with a 'Cogs' Creative Embossing folder by Craft Essentials and used my 10mm corner punch to round the corners. I next cut a piece of silver glitter adhesive foam and stuck that on top of the black card. I cut a smaller piece of white card than the silver foam and rounded the edge then embossed it with an Xcut A6 Tri-Boss Cogs Embossing Folder from the Chronology range, and fixed that to the silver foam.

I cut lots of cogs from the 9 piece Xcut Cogs die set, again from the Chronology range, I cut them in silver mirror card, these were attached to the card with cosmic shimmer glue and I added a dark grey faceted adhesive gem from my stash, I think they were from the 'Me to You' range by Trimcraft.
I attached the robots to the white embossed card with 3D foam pads and added some Glossy Accents to the 'clothes' parts of the robots. The final touch was to cut a banner in black card using the longest die from the WPlus9 Banner Trio Die set from Seven Hills Crafts, once cut I stamped it with Versamark ink with some of the sentiments from the Lawn Fawn Beep Boop Birthday stamp set, again bought from Seven Hills, I used Cosmic Shimmer Fine Detail Embossing Powder in Silver Shine to heat emboss the wording.

I was rather pleased with the finished result of this card, and I'm happy to say my hubby was as well when I gave it to him this morning for his birthday. Thanks to all the ladies from the card making group I belong to on Facebook that helped me decide if I should include the cogs or not on the final design. I'm off now to play with a new stamp set from AlteNew, yes I finally have the Vintage Rose set, I just have to wait impatiently for the die set to become available :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debs this is a stunning card I love the cute little robots. Your husband must have been thrilled to receive this I hope he had a very Happy Birthday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, no wonder he was pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card....just love the little robots.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x