Pages

Monday, 11 April 2016

Quick Make - Miss You Card

Yesterday I made a quick card to send to a friend I haven't spoken to in a while, I made it with some new stash that arrived yesterday morning from Seven Hills Crafts.

I used the large balloon die from the Paper Smooches - Balloons die set and the Paper Smooches - Scripty Sayings stamps to make the strings on the balloon. I'd had an idea like this in my head for a while, but my hand writing isn't very good, so attempts to write scripty strings failed epically. So when I saw the stamp set, I knew it was going to work and I think it did.

It was very simple to put together, yet looks very effective if I do say so myself. First I stamped the sentiments in Black Onyx Versafine ink on to smooth white stamping card, there is a break in the lettering on the 'Miss You' sentiment so I used a fine line black pen to join the two words together. Next I cut the balloons in pink and lilac adhesive backed glitter foam and stuck them down above the end of the string. I used the fine line pen again to drawer across the bottom of the balloon to make it look like the string was tied to the balloon and added a couple of tie loops.

I rounded the corners of the balloon panel with a 10mm corner rounder and stuck it on to a piece of paper from a Wild Rose Studios 'Peach Blossom' paper stack, then mounted that panel on to a card mount I made from white linen card from The Range, rounding the corners of the pink paper panel and the card base with the same 10mm corner rounder to echo the curve of the balloon. The final touch was to add to Papermania 'Sparkling Stars' adhesive gems in bright pink and purple to finish it off. I did try sequins but they didn't look right.

I'm going to make some more of these for my CP box, the stamp set has sentiments like 'celebrate', 'smile', 'friends' and 'love ya', so I can do a variety of cards for different occasions.  I'm off now to get this card in the post to let me friend know I'm thinking of her, then its time to make some more cards for my CP box.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debs this is a gorgeous card I love the design. It was such a kind thought to send a card like this. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x