Pages

Thursday, 21 April 2016

Three Days of Sun and a Little Gardening


A quick post, this is a warts and all blog after all, but I haven't posted anything but card making stuff for a while, so for a little change I thought I'd do a quick post sharing some sunshine! On Docrafts forum I'm known as Herbaholic, that's because I love herbs, but I'd kind of lost my gardening mojo when my depression bit hard in 2014 and its only just beginning to come back, so there is a heck of a lot of work to do to get the garden back in to shape. Here, there and everywhere though, there are reminders, I wish you could smell the heavenly fragrance of my Burkwoodii Viburnum that was wafting about on the warm breeze the past few days, it made a pleasant day in the garden even more enjoyable :)


Yesterday Simon wanted to go to the big local DIY store to get some plywood for the shell of the K9 robot he's building, so I tagged along and managed to come home with 2 x 125 litre bags of compost, 3 lemon thyme plants, 1 rosemary plant, a tray of 6 dwarf lavenders and 6 small dianthus plants! A selection of which were planted this afternoon in my 3 tier planter that I acquired back in March 2014 and hadn't gotten around to planting up until today! It's baby steps but I'm getting back in to the swing of things and enjoying doing it. Still have a lot to do, next jobs include pruning roses, tackling clearing out the greenhouse and tidying the borders up and applying bark chips to try and get the garden back to its former glory.


The above photo was taken in 2008 back in the day when I wrote a herbal column for Grow Your Own magazine. I can restore it, it will just take some time, and as we've made the decision to stay in this house but build on the side to extend and move us further away from noisy neighbours, I kind of feel more like I want to put time in to restoring the garden as I'm staying here. I'm getting back in to the swing of things on a grand scale, today I received 15 packs of seeds from the new Jekka's Herb seed range from Johnson's Seeds to trial and review over on my herbal blog, I've missed flexing my green fingers and growing fresh herbs. Seeds raised will turn in to plants that I can use to help revamp the back garden and some will go in the front garden. I'll post some photos as I make progress over the coming months. It'll be nice to see it in full bloom and tidy and not looking like a jungle!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debs I love your photos. I am looking forward to seeing how you get on with the garden. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow beautiful photos and a super garden not a jungle at all lol ... well done ... hope you are well thank you for visiting my blog ... have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photos....what a pretty garden you got Debs.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x