Pages

Friday, 13 May 2016

Happily Ever After Easel Card

Hello everyone out there in blog land, I hope your week has been good and the sun is shining on you? It's a tad duller here today but at least the rain has gone and we have patches of blue sky, I have a weekend of walking planned and some gardening and hopefully some crafting with a new Wild Rose stamp and die set I just got!

On the crafting from, it's official, I'm addicted to easels! As per my previous post about getting healthier and spending lots of spare time walking this last week, I haven't had much time to do any paper crafting.

That said I did make a few easel blanks and create this card with some new dies I got recently two I mentioned recently in another post,  they arrived on Tuesday morning and I used the Sue Wilson Special Occasion Happy Couple die and the Ornate Framed Happily Ever After die, to create this card. Coupled with the Spellbinders Elegant Ovals die set.

I kept the design very simple, I was originally supposed to be making some invites for someone but they changed their mind, but I'd already bought loads of linen card and purple mirror card, so I have stacks of it to try and use up. I think I'll use the majority of it making xmas cards teaming it with white and silver.

The oval easel I die cut from an A4 piece of card that I folded over and then used the largest die from my Tonic Studios Layering Mixed Oval Die Set, after that all I had to do was use the same die to cut 2 purple mirror panels, then cut two white shapes using the largest die from the Elegant Ovals set. I cut both the Sue Wilson dies out in the purple mirror card and another of the elegant ovals to form the stop for the easel. All I had to do then was glue it all together, I attached the stopper with some 3D foam pads and the card was complete. I did try adding some gems and flowers, but decided in the end that it looked okay as it was. I'm certainly going to make more of these for my charity box, although not in the same colours :)

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wedding card Debs, I had to get this couple when it launched, still have to use it..love easels myself, but terrible to photo.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely... the die cut image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debs this is a gorgeous card I love the design you have certainly nailed easel cards. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely elegant card Debs. Love the design. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a stunning design - very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and great colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really elegant, do like the pattern in the ladies dress

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Debs....love the design...pretty dies and colour....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant and lovely! It is certainly a lucky recipient who receives it! Love the oval shape. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous easel card, I think these are my favourite style of card at the moment x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x