Pages

Thursday, 26 May 2016

Here Comes The Sun


I think its pretty safe to say that I'm becoming addicted to making easel cards, I think this is the 10th one that I've made, I made oval shapes and circle and I'm planning some rectangular and square easels, I'd also like to make some shaped like stars and hearts, but so far I haven't got dies big enough to make anything but tiny cards, I could uses a template I guess but I'm not that good at cutting very accurately.

This summer sunshine card is my card for the Stamping/Digi challenge for May that I was hosting over on the DoCrafts website, for my challenge I asked participants to make a project using a stamp or digi image that celebrated Summer Sunshine and used nice sunny, bright colours. When I set the challenge we had glorious sunshine, today as the challenge ends its cold and grey and threatening to rain, so its nice to be reminded of the sun. There was some lovely entries, I love hosting the challenges and seeing what others make from the prompts, the DoCrafters are a very creative lot, I've made lots of friends and discovered lots of new card making delights from their creative sharings, and my stash has grown a lot as well lol!

I've not been doing much crafting this past two weeks, which is why I haven't been blogging much, I've been working hard to do my daily steps and try to get a good weight loss, I want to be almost 1st 7lb lighter for my holidays in July so I have a lot of work to make that happen. It's happening slowly, week 3 now, my weigh in day is tomorrow, so I won't know until then how much (if anything) I've lost this week, my clothes are feeling loser though and my Resting Heart Rate is now down to 63 bpm, almost down 10 points. I'm sleeping better as well which is a huge bonus, I did note last night when I was crafting making the sunshine card that my RHR dropped to 59 bpm, the lowest I've ever seen it, proof that crafting relaxes me I think. :)

Back to my card, as I left it until the last minute I did a 'panic' make, I did buy the stamp set with the challenge in mind, when Cutting Edge Crafts has the Inkadinkado stamps in a sale earlier in May, I was originally going to use Brusho's to create a kind of tie die effect and make a hippy kind of card, but due to time it didn't happen. Instead I coloured a circle of card using ink dusters with Dandelion, Tangelo and Cantaloup Memento inks and then used Versamark ink to stamp several stamps from the 'Inkadinkado Stamping Gear Celestial' stamp set on to the circle. I don't have the gadget to guarantee accurate stamping and as the Versamark is clear, it wasn't easy to see what I stamped, so some of the suns 'rays' are a little off.

To make the easel card base and the layers I used sheets of 220gsm card in a golden yellow and bright orange from a 24 x 34cm Craft Sensations pad that I picked up from The Range for £2.99, the pads have 25 sheets and contain a great mix of colours in every colour in the rainbow. To cut the base I used the largest die from the Tonic Studios 483E Scalloped Circle Layering Die Set and used the next size down to cut out my topper panel and the orange base topper. The topper and orange piece was attached to a straight circle die from the Presscut Circle Nesting die set and glued to the front of the easel card.

I used gold Cosmic Shimmer Detail Embossing Powder in 'Bright Gold' for the sun and the sentiment, the sentiment came from a freebie set with a card mag last year, but I forget which one. I really will have to label them with mag and date and keep an index so I can find them! I finished the card off with small amber-orange gems from my stash, I think these were from The Works. I'm off now to get a 5,000 plus step walk in, then maybe later a little more crafting. I'm hoping that I'll have more crafting time this weekend as its a bank holiday? Whatever the weather and whatever you're doing I hope you have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by :) Debs x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours on this easel card Debs, what a lovely image, wow think summers on its way..
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debs this is a gorgeous easel card. Well done with your daily steps and I hope that you reach your target. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debs...What a beautiful sunny card...great easel design.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunny card, it's been a beautiful day here so fits in well.
    Keep going with the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bright and sunny card Debs.....roll on the summer as Im sitting here with the heating on.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x