Pages

Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Deer Christmas Easel Card

It certainly is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas here with the cold and frosty weather, even if it doesn't look like it yet! I've been sorting things out in my craft area, its almost tidy, ready to be messed up with more crafting!

Today I managed to lose one of the lenses out of my glasses, luckily I found it before I stepped on it!

Crisis averted, I decided to do some crafting, finally finishing a card that I started making in France back in July!

I die cut the pieces for the panel from the XCut Woodland Stag Wreath, using coloured card I got from The Range.

I attached the pieces to a circle of white card that I first embossed with a snowflake embossing folder that came free with a Crafters Companion mag a while back, and lightly ran a distress ink blending tool with Tumbled Glass distress ink on it to bring out the pattern.  Once I'd glued down the pieces for the wreath I added bits of 'Ruby Slippers' Nuvo Glitter Drops to enhance the berries, I've fallen in love with the glitter drops and have been using them a lot over the past few months, I prefer them to Stickles for most things now as they are more dimensional.

At that point inspiration abandoned me and the panel went in to the 'Maybe Someday' box, it came out again in early October when I decided to mount the panel on an easel card. The decorative top bits of which I embossed using an A4 embossing folder by XCut called 'Snowflake Pattern' and made the easel card base from a piece of 12" x 12" dual coloured card I got in The Range, I got that far and inspiration abandoned me again, so the project went on my pile of cards to finish.


Then last night as I was going through a selection of free gifts that had come with magazines, how I wanted to finish off the card came to me when I picked up the free gift that came with issue 35 of Creative Stamping. I stamped one the the script sentiments from the set on to a piece of Neenah Solar White card using Versamark and sprinkled Stampendous 'Detail Silver' metallic embossing powder over it and heat set it. I've only recently discovered the Stampendous embossing powders and I'm mightily impressed with the results it gives thus far.

After I stamped the sentiment I die cut the panel using a scalloped die from the Tonic Studios 'Scalloped and Plain Ovals' set and lightly went around the edge with some Tumbled Glass distress ink. I also used a couple of tiny snowflake stamps and stamped with Broken China and Tumbled Glass distress inks. I die cut a piece of silver foiled card to make a mat using the next size up to the scallop die from the Tonic set previously mentioned and glued the stamp piece to it. The final touch before adding it to the card was to add some pieces of greenery from the Woodland Stag Wreath die and a few more blobs of glitter drops. Really pleased with how this card turned out eventually and its spurred me on to use some of the other free sets I got and get more of my christmas cards made for friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debs this is a stunning card I love the wreath and the stag. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card great use of your freebies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x