Pages

Thursday, 17 November 2016

Seven Hills Crafts November Challenge Entry


I made this card for the Seven Hills Crafts November Challenge, the team asked us to "be inspired by your favourite Christmas song, Christmas movie or Christmas Carol to create your project this month." I used the North Pole Pals stamps and dies available from Seven Hills Crafts for the images, I fell in love with them when I first saw them. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer has always been one of my favourite songs to sing at Christmas ever since I was first old enough to sing and when I hear it it brings back so many happy memories.

The images are coloured with Inktense Pencils and I've added some Nuvo Glitter Drops for details 'White Blizzard' to Santa's hat and coat trim, 'Sunlit Meadow' to Mrs Claus's apron and dress trim and 'Ruby Slippers' to Rudolph's nose. I used a white gel pen to add some highlights to the clothes and add some spots to Rudolph's back.

The background was inked most of the way with 'Broken China' distress ink then I spritzed it with a homemade white pearl shimmer mist and embossed it with a Crafters Companion 'Elegant Snowfall' embossing folder.

The sentiment was cut from white glitter card using the 'Sparkle' word from the Tonic Studios Girls Night Out Sparkle and Shine Die Set. I added a few iridescent sequins and gems from my stash and attached the panel to a tent fold card made from a sheet of coloured card from a pad I got at The Range. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi this is a gorgeous card. I love those images they are just so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! I love this sweet scene, and the super details like Santa's sparkly trim! The colour palette works really well and looks both fresh and festive... great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card and great use of your die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable, and super neat coloring! Thanks so much for playing in our Seven Hills Crafts challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x