Pages

Friday, 20 January 2017

Crazy Cat Lady

I wear the title of this post like a badge of pride, I'm owned by two cats who regular visitors to my blog may recall that I often refer to them as my girls, because that's what they are. I couldn't have children of my own, I was lucky enough to wind up with a stepson and now a daughter-in-law, but as for babies of my own, cats and kittens are as close as I can get. My girls are my fur babies and yes I spoil them rotten and people that know me accept that.

My love of cats has started to spill over in to my crafting life, when I see a new stamp or die set that is feline in nature it kind of falls in to my stash. So I was delighted when my card making friend Jackie Trinder posted a card she'd made using a stamp set from the Isobel Craft Collection. I hadn't come across the brand before but the owl set Jackie used looked cute so I went and had a wander via Jackie's link and found a really cute cat stamp set that I fell in love with and ordered within moments. Thanks Jackie!

Sophy got my order to me very quickly, it arrived Tuesday morning from a Sunday evening order placement. The stamp set is A5 and comes with some little sentiments. I haven't had much time to play with it but last night I used 4 of the 5 cats in the set plus the paw print stamp to make myself a book mark. The paw prints are stamped with Memento ink in 'London Fog' and 'Gray Flannel' and I coloured the cats with some of my Zig Clean Color Pens and added some Clear Spectrum Sparkle pen to blend the colours.

This photo is of my oldest cat Poppy, both of my girls come from the Cats Protection, which is why I do all I can to help support them. Poppy came to live with us in 2011 when she was just 1 year old, she is just over 6 years old now and my little princess. Her sister Rosie Tu-Tu is also from the CP, we got her as a kitten when she was a few months old, she's been with us since 2014 and will be 3 years old next month. In our household Poppy is Mummy's girl and Rosie is very much Daddy's girl and that's the way it is :)

 The bed is Poppy's, its actually our spare bed which is in my crafting room come office, but we're not allowed to put anything on it, if I have craft stuff on it and Poppy wants a nap, she gets rather vocal until I've moved everything to give her some nap space. She's a cheeky little madam at times but I wouldn't change her for the world, her sister either, I'll post more photos of them in the future, I'm sure people won't mind sharing the crazy :)

In my down time I even read cat related fiction, if you haven't come across Mandy Morton and 'The No. 2 Feline Detective Agency' and you like a giggle you may like to check her out. She's written 4 books so far the first has a plot that goes something like this...

"Hettie Bagshot has bitten off more than any cat could chew. As soon as she launches her No. 2 Feline Detective Agency , she’s bucketed into a case: Furcross, home for slightly older cats, has a nasty spate of bodysnatching, and three of the residents have been stolen from their graves. Hettie and her sidekick, Tilly, set out to reveal the terrible truth. Is Nurse Mogadon involved in a deadly game? Has the haberdashery department of Malkin & Sprinkle become a mortuary? And what flavour will Betty Butter’s pie of the week be?"

I'm currently on book 3 'The Death of Downton Tabby', I have book 4 ready to go after that, there fun and silly and there are lots of cakes, pies and murders involved.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debs this is an amazing bookmark. I am so pleased you like the stamps Sophy is so nice to work with and very good at getting her orders out. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A kindred spirit, thought I was reading about myself then....lol
    Lovely stamps, you might like the ones I've got coming up soon... watch this space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love cats and can't resist cat related crafting items!
    Have you come across Tom Cox and his book on his cats, they are fab!
    http://www.tom-cox.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha well i think you beat me hands down as crazy cat lady, although i have lots of cats in my B&B (3 permanent, 2 feral, 3 boyfriends to my boss lady and a few part timers!) that come and go, I don't have many household goods with cats on them or books. anyway

    I love the bookmark and those gorgeous stamps, dare i take a peek at the site!! Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x