Pages

Thursday, 26 January 2017

Quickie Card - Heartfelt Thanks

I'm loving my new Floral Fantasy background stamp from My Favorite Things, which I picked up from Seven Hills Crafts during my latest stash accumulator, it's a lovely 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" rubber stamp. Perfect for making simple backgrounds and for making "Colour Me" style cards for gift giving as well as making pretty colourful floral backgrounds for a wide variety of card types.

I couldn't resist playing with the stamp as soon as it turned up, I knew I didn't really have much time to play that day though, so I took a card blank I previously made using some red card from a pad from 'The Range'. Then after using my E  K Success Powder Tool all over the background, I inked the stamp up with Versamark and stamped on to the card blank.

Next I then sprinkled some WOW 'Rich Metallic Gold Super Fine' embossing powder over the image and tapped off the excess. I used my new Woodware Heat Gun to set the embossing powder and was really pleased at the finished image.  I also picked up the new Lil' Inkers 'Dual Stitched Heart & Kisses Word' Die Set from Seven Hills and a couple of Lil' Inkers sentiment dies including the 'Thanks' one I used on this card.

I die cut the heart from the same red card stock and cut the thanks sentiment from gold foiled card, I used some cosmic shimmer glue from the 'h' to the 'k' on the word die cut and attached it to the heart. Then I stuck the heart to the  front of the card with some 3D foam pads, it took me 10 minutes to make this card from start to finish and I think it looks rather effective for such a quick make. I think you'll be seeing lots more cards using this background in the future, I'm hoping to acquire more background stamps throughout this year that can be used for a variety of styles of card like this one.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debs this is a gorgeous card I do love the background you have created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, the embossing works so well on the red. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing powder on the background looks good! and it does look like one of them "colour me" backgrounds! awesome job!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x