Pages

Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Something to Celebrate

Back at the beginning of the month, we had a very busy weekend which saw me not only celebrating my 53rd birthday, but also watch my Stepson get married on the same day. As a result I had a birthday weekend rather than day, which suited me fine.

The wedding was lovely, not exactly as the happy couple had planned though, they were due to get married in June this year but around October last year they discovered that a baby was on the way. Which means we're going to become grandparents around July.

Our new daughter-in-law already has an adorable little girl and boy so we've become step-grandparents, its all very exciting, especially as I thought I never would be a grandparent or a parent, not being able to have children of my own. Then when I met Simon I got a son and now we have a daughter albeit in-law. She is just what James needed and it delights my heart to see him so happy and that's all down to Kayleigh, they are so good for each other and we're looking forward to the future and watching them grow as a couple. I have to pinch myself sometimes, I can't believe that the 10 year old boy I first met has grow in to such a wonderful young man, he's now a heck of a lot taller than me though lol!


As the wedding was a bit of a rush, I offered to make the wedding and evening invitations for them and this is what I came up with. I had to do a lot of die cutting and glueing but I was very pleased with the way they turned out as were the happy couple. I used linen card blanks and inserts, I embossed the cards with an embossalicious embossing folder called "Floral Frenzy", for the die cut panel I used 2 dies from the Spellbinders Elegant Ovals die set.

The wording came from two sources the 'Wedding Invitation' was a Crafters Companion die, I couldn't believe they don't do a matching Evening Invitation set, but hey ho. So I ended up buying the Britannia Dies 'Wedding Invitation' set, which I used for the evening invitations. The ribbon is 'Deep Purple Organza' from the Anita's range and I picked up the little silver heart shaped beaded buckles from Ebay. The first layer of the topper is done using purple foiled card, and  is a lovely cadbury purple colour and I used the same card to die cut the sentiments. I also made their wedding card and I'll share that card soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Debs thanks for sharing all your photos are gorgeous and I enjoyed reading about your family. The invitations are gorgeous. I have so much to make for our daughter's wedding I know what you had to do. I wish the happy couple all the best for the future. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo of you all. Your invites are ideal, stylish and elegant. Emma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x