Pages

Friday, 17 February 2017

Computer & Console Game Themed Cards

I hope the week has been good to you? Its been a bit of a mixed bag here, my cold is refusing to budge and joy of joys hubby is starting to suffer with it now. Hopefully he'll get over it faster than me, its not all been bad, I've managed to sort out my craft room and even made a card and I have also treated myself to the complete set of Tim Holtz Oxide Inks that get released later this month, I really can't wait to play with them.

Enough wibble, I thought I'd follow on from my Star Wars themed cards post on Wednesday today and share some cards I've made for my brother, stepson and some of the nephews who all like playing PC or console games. The first card was made for my brother who likes playing a game called Assassin's Creed. So for his 2017 birthday card I created a card for him using a fan art image I found on the internet. I first cut a piece of A4 greyish blue card to form a stepper card using my Presscut stepper card die, the die comes with other dies to cut the scalloped strips and rectangles that you can see on the card.

I printed off the image several times and used it to cut the two side panels, bottom decorative panel and several layers to make the Ezio character. The main panel I matted on to silver mirror card and then once everything was stuck down I added a die cut Happy Birthday sentiment from a Crafters Companion die to the bottom panel and I went over the clock face with some 'Clear' Spectrum Sparkle Pen to give some shine, the finished card looked good if I do say so myself and my brother loved it.

I also made a card for my stepson using Fallout 4 as a theme, he likes playing it as do my hubby and myself and at the time of making this card, we were all waiting for Fallout 4 to be released. The background was another find off the internet, this time a desktop wallpaper which I printed off and stuck to an 8" x 8" white card blank.

The Vault Boy usually has yellow hair, but as my stepson is a red head, I coloured the hair orange, which he found rather amusing. The sentiment was computer generated using a Fallout font face. Inside the card in the same font I added a panel that said "There's only 101 days until Fallout 4 is released!", that's because coincidentally from his birthday they were in fact 101 days to the game release date. The vault door is there because in Fallout 3 the start of the game begins in Vault 101, my  hubby 3D printed the vault door for me with 101 n the centre.

Another element added to the front of the card are 3 Nuka Cola bottle caps, in the game these are the currency for buying things in game. Somebody had given me some patterned bottle caps that I didn't have a use for in their given state, so I decided to convert them. I found some images, resized them to fit and fussy cut them out, then added them to the top of the bottle cap with some cosmic shimmer glue, finally coating the tops with glossy accents. The final addition are 3 'Bobby Pins' Up near the hair, these are used in the game to pick locks of chests and cabinets to find loot.

I've also made a couple of cards for some of the younger members of the family who are in to the game Minecraft. It really isn't my idea of fun, but the youngsters love it. This one was really simple to make. I created a blocked pixelated background and then using my paint programme and a Minecraft font I added the sentiment and shadow.

I cut out a Minecraft character face shape in the centre and edged the cut out with some glue pen and gold glitter. I stuck the cut out image using a couple of layers of 3D foam pads to a piece of metallic green card which helped the cut out to pop. The whole thing was then mounted on to an A5 cream card blank that I'd embossed with a swirly font. The one I made for my nephew Zach had a bubble embossed background on it.

I like being able to tailor cards to the person, I'm planning some cards based on my favourite game of all time Skyrim for my oldest nephew who loves to play the game thanks to me. I've also made cards based on anime and rock bands but that's for another post. Hope you like these creations, thanks for all the lovely comments about the Star Wars cards, I truly appreciate it :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a great selection and all so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debs your cards are stunning. Our daughter plays Assassin's Creed we went to see the film. I did buy her an art book for it once the art was gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic set of cards Debs, ideal for anyone into computer games. Enjoy your oxide inks when they arrive, ive ordered a couple to play with! Emma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x