Pages

Friday, 24 March 2017

Pixie Powdered Roses

Hello everyone, I hope life is being kind to you and if you're a crafter like me, you're getting some time to create. There has been some highs and lows at Warts n' All Towers recently, I didn't even get an interview for the job I applied for and I was pretty confident that I'd at least be interviewed, there has been a couple of family things happening as well but we seem to have survived. It's not all been gloomy though, hubby surprised me by booking tickets to go see a rock band we both like, and there have been a few other positive things happening that I'll talk more about if they become 'a thing', but for now life is good and today we had sunshine and I went for a lovely walk in the sun with my hubby, bliss :)

I have been doing lots of card making recently, a couple of commissions still to do and I've made a few cards for my family which I'll share soon, I've also been playing with my Altenew floral stamps, again a post on those cards coming soon. It occurred to me though that I forgot to share some cards I made earlier last month using some Tonic and Sue Wilson dies and of course my beloved Pixie Powders.

I think its pretty safe to say that I love a bit of sparkle and lovely bold colours and when I get chance I add something glittery or shimmery to my cards, and Pixie Powders give shimmer and vibrant colour to a project so they are a win, win.

I started these cards after having a few hours playing with Pixie Powders and creating backgrounds in a lot of different colour variations, some for these projects and some for future projects. On this background I used Sun Yellow, Mango Blaze and a little Burnt Orange to create this gorgeous sunny yellow piece.  For the green leaves I used Olive, Spearmint and Emerald Green.

Once I'd mopped up the excess liquid with paper towels and put the paper towels to dry for a future project and the pieces I'd created had dried thoroughly, I set to die cutting the roses using the Sue Wilson 'Blushing Rose' die set, on the yellow card I used white 220gsm cardstock to cut the frames for the roses and for the layers, and the gift tag. I also used some bright yellow card stock I got from the Range in a mixed pack, the layers were cut using a selection of dies from the Tonic Bowscale set. The tag was cut using the Tonic 'Memento Frame Die' and the Best Friends die was cut from the Pixie Powdered piece from another Tonic die called 'Best Friends'.

I did exactly the same thing for the pink colour way this time using Candy Pink, Lava Red and a little Aubergine Dream. The frames for the roses were cut from White with a Hint of Silver Centura Pearl card stock.

All the die cutting aside they were really easy to put together, a little cosmic shimmer glue and I used 3D foam pads for the roses to give them some dimension. I made the tag and card as a set to send with little gifts to my good friends. I really do love the rose die though, I think I may be a rose addict.  That's all for now my crafty friends, I'm off to play some more with stamps and inks and markers to see what other floral delights I can create and to count my blessings. I hope the week ahead for you is full of sunshine and laughter, happy mothers day to those celebrating it this weekend and hugs to all those, like me who miss their Mum's at this time of year.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debs your cards and tags are gorgeous. I hope you have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Debs. I love the rose dies you've used and pixie powders. I'll have to look into those as you've done a great job promoting them :) I love trying new craft items and techniques, part of the fun of crafting. Look forward to seeing all your other makes soon. Hugs, Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, the pixie powders have made gorgeous backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and colours. Emma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x