Monday, 16 July 2018

Distress Rainbows and Wildflowers

My second Tim Holtz inspired creation in as many days and I'm really happy with the way it turned out, even more happy when I think that the back distress inked rainbow effect panel has been in my 'Maybe Someday' box for a while now, in fact its been there for almost 3 years, ever since I got the Botanical Sketch stamp set in fact! FYI I still have used "The Chemist" set, something I need to rectify real soon!

I used my powder tool on the panel and then inked the stamp with versamark and sprinkled Cosmic Shimmer Black Detail embossing powder on the stamped image. Once I'd allowed the embossing to cool I used a blending tool and Wilted Violet, Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and Festive Berries Distress Inks to create the rainbow effect.

If you look at the photo of a smilar card in the link above you can see that I'd originally stamped the "Thank You" words from the set, but it didn't look right on this card, instead I decided to use one of the dies from the Stacked Baroque set to make a new sentiment instead. I chose one from my Life Quotes CMS277 stamp set and embossed it in WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder.

The flowers are from the Sizzix Wildflowers #2 set and  were cut with black card stock then coloured with Distress Oxides in Bundled Sage, Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover. I added some touches of distress marker in the same shades on the flowers and some shimmer pen to give the flowers some sparkle.

I made the card blank myself using the Tonic Studios 'Bowscale' die set, I cut a third panel to make a frame around the rainbow panel and used the long edge of the centre discard to make a piece for the bottom that I trimmed off to glue the wildflowers to so that I could attach the flowers to the bottom of the card with 3D foam pads to create some dimension.

Another project completed with my Tim Holtz stash, I'm on a roll this week, so much so that I've even had some time to play with a couple of other dies and stamps, I bought a set off Ebay a while back called 'Bird Talk' which contains 3 small versions of the larger Crazy Birds stamps, matching dies, stamps and an embossing folder. I'm playing with an idea in my head that requires me to cut the Tree Rings die cuts in half. This is the first time I've played with both dies and I had lots of fun, coloured with distress inks and markers. My colouring isn't brilliant but I'm pleased with the results.

3 comments:

  1. I love it, the background is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful effect and card. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous creations Debs - love those logs! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x