Wednesday, 27 March 2019

Dinosaur Wreath Template Cards

It feels like a long time since I did any crafting and in fact it has been, I've been focusing on health and well-being and working on some other projects and crafting hasn't factored in to life very much since early February and I have to say I've missed it! Suffice to say that once I'd dusted the cobwebs out of the craft room I started work and finished several projects including several wreath template cards and a few birthday and Mother's Day cards for my stash.

Going through my stash I uncovered a selection of dinosaur stamps and dies, and got together ones I'd bought recently and I was amazed at just how many dinosaur stamps I have, so expect to see a lot of dinosaur cards from me in the not too distant future. The small set I used to create the wreath template was a bit of a buying disaster, I'd been looking for the Stampin Up set "No Bones About It", I found what I thought was a set, it showed photos of the Stampin Up samples, and packaging but when it arrived the stamps were tiny compared to what they were supposed to be and they weren't pukka Stampin Up stamps 😔 I complained and was given my money back and told to keep the stamps, so I decided to use them for smaller cards whilst I try again to obtain the pukka set!

I used the 5" template and a 5" x 5" card blank and stamped the wreath directly on to the card blank using a selection of Versafine Clair Inks and Memento inks. The dinosaur die used for the topper is by Luxe Craft and is exclusively available at Hobbycraft, it was one of the things I got for my birthday back in January.

The Luxe Craft sets have a selection of stamps and dies in each pack, I picked up a set called Purrfect Day which has a couple of cute cat stamps for me to play with. The dinosaur set cuts several pieces including a balloon and party hat but I didn't use them on my design.

The cards themselves were pretty quick to put together once the stamping was all done, I decided to layer the little dinosaurs on to scalloped stitched circle dies from CraftStash and to stamp the sentiments on to the circles and place the dinosaurs to the left of the sentiment.

I love the fact that I can create such colourful backgrounds for my cards using the stamp templates to suit any occasion, and I have to say I'm loving experimenting :) I wanted to keep these fairly simple as the stamping is rather colourful.

The only things I added were some black detail pen to the centre of the Triceratops eye space and I gave the die cut dinosaurs chest and spines a coating of sparkle pen and I finished them off with a little wobbly eye for a touch of added cuteness. These little cute monsters now go in my box ready to send to people. Now to get on with more cards, on my desk currently are some bear and dog bookmarks and some non-wreath template projects for cards for teenagers. It's nice to be crafting again :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Debs your cards are stunning those dinosaurs are so cute. I love all the bright vibrant colours you have used. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, love the bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fun cards, lovely use of the dinosaurs. Great for childrens cards or those young at heart. Emmaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x