Thursday, 18 October 2018

Evergreen & Pine Cone Wreath Card


It's been a very busy and exciting week here, thanks to my friends Jennifer and Justine we had a deluge of template sales, which was fabulous, and we've had some lovely comments and recommendations by happy customers. The name of the Facebook Page has now changed to Cook's Cards & Crafts, if you haven't given us a like yet please do.

We like to listen to feedback from customers and as such we had a few suggestions for tweaks to the templates and we've took them on board because they were fab ideas, the new look templates will launch on Saturday when Jennifer of Jennifer Kray - Paper and Stuff will be doing a Facebook Live using our templates! To celebrate we've given Jennifer a set of the new style templates to give away and she's put together some other goodies, so tune in for your chance to win.

I've been making lots of different wreath cards, this is one of the latest and I'll add some others to the blog each day this week. I've now been trained by Simon in the art of using the 3D printer and he's got a second printer up and running and we have plans to add another very soon, which increases the production by a lot 😁

Stamping this card was so quick, took me 10 minutes, I used 5 stamps but the darker green 'Northern Pine' stamp I stamped twice on either side of the design so 6 x 8 stamp impressions. Doing it this way you can quickly make a batch of cards really quickly, stamp all of the first stamp on all your panels, switch to your next stamp and repeat until you are happy with the design.

For this card I used Memento Dewdrop inks in the following colours: - Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, Northern Pine, Rich Cocoa and Espresso Truffle, but you could use any colour inks you choose. After I'd finished stamping I decided to add some texture to the card, so I ran it through a snowfall embossing folder and I love the effect it gave, I'll be using that a lot for this years cards.

Since I posted a link to a close up of this card on Facebook, I've been asked by several people where the stamps came from, I used a set that came free on Issue 27 of Creative Stamping back in 2015, but as luck would have it, you can buy the stamp set from Craft Stash for an amazing £2.99 look for the Creative A4 Woodland Stamp Set. I've linked to it here, but please be aware that the link is an affiliate link and if you make a purchase I get a percentage of the sale, but it doesn't cost you any extra.

I finished this card off with some 'berries' made for Tonic Studios 'Autumn Red' Nuvo Drops, I followed the fab tips on Jennifer's Beginners Guide to Nuvo Drops tutorial and my drops came out perfect. I did them on a leftover piece of the waxy backing from my 3D foam pads. Experience has taught me that adding Nuvo drops direct to a project can sometimes result in a nightmare so I air on the side of caution now and make them first and glue them on later lol! To finish the card off I added a die cut sentiment using red foiled card to the centre cut using the Sue Wilson 'From Our House to Yours' die and to finish the card off I decided to round two of the corners off to echo the curve on the wreath.

if you're interested in seeing how I used the Woodland Stamp set back in 2015 then follow the link to see my stag card, keep in mind the cards were created 3 years ago now and I was only just getting started in stamping and colouring lol! That's all from me for now, pop by again soon when I'll have some more cards to show you using our wreath builder templates and don't forget to join Jennifer at 7pm Saturday 20th October for her Build-A-Wreath Stamping Facebook Live.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Debs you are going from strength to strength. Your card is gorgeous. I do love all the wreaths you have created. Keep up the good work. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devs thanks for popping over to my blog it was very kind of you. I love this card I like wreath cards I like the embossing too I may just try that if you don't mind me duplicating your idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all Maria, and thanks for stopping by :) I found the idea on Pinterest a couple of years ago so its not mine, but it does add something to a card, I find adding texture to a one layer card makes it look more luxurious :) Hugs - Debs xxx

      Delete
  3. Wreath building is definitely on my 'to do soon' list ... I love your gorgeous card ... great idea to emboss the panel too ... Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set of cards, lovely use of the stamps. Emma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x