I confess that I'm rather smitten with these inks, they look fabulous on white card stock but stamp them on to black or navy blue card and they look positively luminous, so to show you what I mean I've worked todays card on both black and white card stock so you can see the difference between the two.
So far all the card examples I've done for the Wreath Builder Templates have been stamped on to the card panel cut and measured for the template e.g. 4" x 4" or 6" x 6" which is then adhered to that a square card. So today I thought I'd show you how to stamp a wreath so that it will fit on a circular card, and for the first time I've made a tutorial video. Well technically its an animation, because its not live footage, I don't have all the equipment to be able to do that yet.
What I've done is take photos throughout the process of making the cards and then edited them together with music and captions. I think that's much better than adding lots of photos to the blog, although it takes ages, I now have a new found respect for crafters out there that make proper tutorial videos, it must take so many hours out of their day!
For the video I made two cards, one on black card and one on white, using the same stamps and ink colours so that you get to see the effect that the metallic ink have on different colours of card.
I discovered how to make my own card blanks from larger sized dies a few months ago and have used the technique rather a lot since. The dies I used for these cards both come from the Creative die range from Craft Stash for cutting out the wreath i used the Wonky Stitches Nesting Circles and for the card blank and decorative edge I used the Scalloped Circle Stitched & Pierced Nesting Dies. I've used the stamps recently for another Wreath Template card, they are also from Craft Stash look for the Creative A4 Woodland Stamp Set.
The Delicata inks I used for the card are: - Silvery Shimmer, Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, Dark Brown Shimmer and Celestial Copper and the card was finished of with drops of Autumn Red Tonic Nuvo Drops. Well that's all for me for today, my first ever video is below, feel free to give it a watch and I'd love to know what you think of my first journey into the world of video media, so comment and let me know if you'd like to see more of these kind of videos? Until next time, happy crafting!



These are beautiful Debs, may have to try again now...lol
ReplyDeleteGreat job .. your work is really super .. Love it sister
ReplyDeleteMimi and the kids
Hi Debs your cards are gorgeous and the video is brilliant. It has just the right amount of detail and isn't too longs. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteYour video is super Debs well done, good choice of music (not too annoying!) and time to read the text before the next picture comes, good job ... look forward to seeing more ... Steph x
ReplyDeleteStunning cards Debs, especially love the black one. Good luck with your video - will pop back later to watch it. Hugs Emmax
ReplyDelete